Billabong Canvas Fabric is a light to medium weight polyester cotton blended canvas. Billabong Canvas features a tightly constructed weave woven from fine yarn counts. This canvas is an Australian made material designed specifically for family frame tents and pop top camper-van roofing and walling. Billabong canvas is treated with Dynaproof – a chemical that provides resistance against degradation caused from harmful UV rays, as well as resistance against bacteria, algae and fungi growth. This system allows the fabric to “breathe” as the woven base fabric is not sealed by a coating.
Price is per meter. If you order more than one meter it will come in one continuous piece. Samples available on request.
- Composition: 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton
- Width: 200cm
- Weight: 370gsm
- Finish: Dynaproofed™
Canvas Swags | Canvas Marquees | Canvas Tepee roof/walls | Temporary Canvas shelters | Canvas Tarps | Under tarps | Canvas Covers | Canvas Banners | Canvas Bags | Canvas Pop Tops | Canvas Tents | Camper Trailers Covers | Caravan Canvas Awnings.
Features & Benefits:
Water resistant | Mildew resistant | Rot Proof | UV resistant | Breathable | High quality | Australian made canvas.
For applications such as tenting, be sure to minimise water contact with any hooks, loop tapes, zippers and binding tapes. Constant water exposure to these components will reduce the effectiveness of the canvas over time. Some accessories contain residual wetting agents which cause potential leaks to canvas. Put simply – the surrounding canvas to these accessories may be subject to weakening if these components are constantly wet.
Expose to the elements will shrink Billabong Canvas approximately 2.5% in the warp (length of canvas) and 2.5% in the weft (width of canvas). This shrinkage is minimal and not too noticeable. To minimise the affect of shrinkage in both the warp and weft of the canvas, the following steps should be taken.
1. Allow for approximately 2.5% shrinkage in the warp (length) by cutting or sewing panels together to ensure a correct, long term fit.
2. Panels of fabric should always be cut, stitched and mounted in the SAME DIRECTION on your canvas. So, if cutting on the warp – cut all pieces to the warp. If cutting on the weft – cut all pieces of the weft. Failure to do this will cause uneven shrinkage between panels and over time will most likely result in a puckered or skewed appearance.
To obtain maximum life from your Billabong Canvas Fabric, the following steps should be taken:
1. When used in permanent outdoor situations, Billabong Canvas should be kept clean by brushing regularly with a soft brush and hosing with cold water.
2. Do not allow bird droppings, sand or vegetable matter to sit on the canvas for long periods of time.
3. Ensure that the canvas is thoroughly dry before packing away.
Should mildew spots appear, brush them off before they become attached. Persistent mildew growth should be treated with a solution of one part White King to three parts lukewarm water, maximum temperature 38 degrees. Apply the diluted solution to the canvas with a stiff brush or broom and rinse off thoroughly after 15 minutes. Follow the safety directions outlined on the White King containers.
To ensure that water repellency is fully retained after continuous outdoor exposure, the Billabong Canvas Fabric should be should be reproofed with a water repellency compound every 12 months or so. We sell Bradproof reproofing compound which is recommended for this purpose. Please note: Bradproof dries to a slightly milky colour and application may affect fabric appearance.